Trajectory Data Modeling
Semantic trajectories: a paradigm for the description of enriched trajectories (joint work with S. Spaccapietra)
Symbolic trajectories: a novel and fully operational trajectory data model based on symbolic representation (joint work with R. Güting).
Spatio-textual trajectories: an operational framework for the representation and access to temporally overlaying spatial and symbolic trajectories.
- M.L. Damiani, F. Hachem (2017). Segmentation techniques for the summarization of individual mobility data. WIREs Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (accepted).
- H. Issa (2017). Spatio-textual trajectories: models and applications. PhD Thesis, Feb. 2017
- H. Issa, M.L. Damiani (2016). Efficient access to temporally overlaying spatial and textual trajectories, IEEE MDM
- R.H. Güting, F. Valdés, M.L. Damiani (2015). Symbolic trajectories. ACM Transactions on Spatial Algorithms and Systems, Vol 1, Issue 2
- M.L. Damiani, H. Issa, R. H. Güting, F. Valdés (2015). Symbolic trajectories and application challenges. SIGSPATIAL Special 7(1)
- M.L. Damiani, H. Issa, F. Cagnacci (2014). Extracting stay regions with uncertain boundaries from GPS Trajectories. ACM SIGSPATIAL’14
- M.L. Damiani, H. Issa, R.H. Güting, F. Valdés (2014). Hybrid queries over symbolic and spatial trajectories: a usage scenario. IEEE MDM 2014, Brisbane, AU
- M.L. Damiani, R.H. Güting (2014). Semantic trajectories and beyond. IEEE MDM 2014, Brisbane, AU.
- F. Valdés, M.L. Damiani, R.H. Güting (2013). Symbolic Trajectories in SECONDO: Pattern Matching and Rewriting. DASFAA, Wuhan, China
- S. Spaccapietra, C. Parent, C. Renso, G. Andrienko, N. Andrienko. V. Bogorny, M.L. Damiani et al. (2013).Semantic Trajectories Modeling and Analysis, ACM Computing Surveys, 45(4)
- S. Spaccapietra, C. Parent, M.L. Damiani, M. Machedo, F. Porto and C. Vangenot (2008). A Conceptual View On Trajectories. Data and Knowledge Engineering, Elsevier,Volume 65, Issue 1
Awards: Best Demo Paper, DASFAA 2013. F. Valdés, M.L. Damiani, R.H. Güting (2013). Symbolic Trajectories in SECONDO: Pattern Matching and Rewriting.